Good preparation and a diet before taking Ayahuasca is least important as the ceremony itself. Allow yourself to start with the diet two weeks before attending the ceremony so that you will be more than ready for this life changing experience .
Ayahuasca is slightly hypertensive. Therefore it is best to avoid these foods (these foods contain tyramine and therefore present a risk of high blood pressure increases) alcoholic beer (because brewer’s yeast) Yeast in vitamin supplements, Marmite, Tartex, soy sauce, soybean paste, tempeh (bean curd is allowed). Some cheeses: Aged cheese, processed cheese, processed cheese, assorted as Brie, Camembert, Emmental, Gorgonzola, etc.
3 days before and after the ceremony doe’s and dont’ s:
- And sexual intercourse or acts.
- Try as much as possible to eat vegetables.
- Minimize salt, pepper and spicy herbs because these also can higher the bloodpressure fast.
- Try to avoidcoffee as much as possible this can cause a bad headache..
- As little as possible added and refined sugars.
- Fermented foods (sauerkraut, soy, kimchi, vinegar, tempeh etc)
- Coffee (maximum one per day)
- No Alcohol minimum 3 days before attending a ceremony.
- Bananas and raisins also not allowed.
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, (sour) cream)
- All old cheeses (note: very young cheese, goat cheese, cottage cheese or cream cheese)
- Dry fermented sausage (bologna, salami, pepperoni, corned beef, and liver)
- Non-fresh meat, fish and eggs
- meat extracts
- Yeast extracts / brewer’s yeast (marmite)
- Fruit (bananas, avocados, figs, raisins)
- LSA (morning glory and baby hawaiian wood rose seeds)
- MDA related herbs (nutmeg, sweet flag)
- Caffeine (coffee, tea, cola, guarana, energy drinks)
- St John’s wort
- Nasal sprays (Vicks Sinex, Prevalin or Otrivin)
Advice is to watch the days before and after the ceremony minimize social media and television.
For more information please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website www.ayahahuascatherapy.amsterdam